Re: Problem Installing NetBSD 2.0 on Amiga A1200

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Alvar Damm wrote:

I have prepared the partions in HDToolBox
and succesfully booted the miniroot.fs on the swap partion.
The problem comes when the installer tries to create the root filesystem.
Its says the filesystem is full?.
Im using the internal IDE connector.
So the HD should be wd0 and the root partion wd0a, swap wd0b.
I have also tried to manually create a filesystem
but same error.
All that work is mounting the ADOS(Amiga DOS)
filesystem.

this are the first errors:

creating filesystems...
uid, pid 309, command newfs, on -: file system full
/: write failed, file system is full
[1] Segmentation fault newfs /dev/r${_d...

I tried to mount too
mount_ffs -o async /dev/wd0a /mnt
mount_ffs: /dev/wd0a on /mnt: incorrect super block

Well, this can't work without a FFS on it already

It seems that I can't for some reason create a filesystem on a partion.

Have I configured the HD wrong?

I have a 48Mhz Viper accelerator with MMU, but no FPU, and 32 MB Ram, 8 GB 2.5
Internal HD.

You have an 8 GB disk. Remember, the bootable NetBSD partitions *MUST* be within the first 4 GB!

Perhaps you have 6 GB root and 2 GB swap? This won't work :-(

(Although I'm not sure since your swap BOOTED already... hm...)

Can you grab the first two tracks of the hd and send them to me OFF-LIST?
(Should be about 1 Megabyte)

The simplest way to achive this is to plug in the disk into another computer as SLAVE disk and exectue (assume it's wd1):

To get the sectors/track, execute

disklabel wd1

see what the "sectors/cylinder" value is (in my case 1008), and exectue the following command with count=(sectors/track * 2):

dd if=/dev/rwd1d of=disk.bin count=2016

-Florian