Subject: Re: Problem Installing NetBSD 2.0 on Amiga A1200
To: Alvar Damm <kvasarnomad@linuxmail.org>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/25/2005 09:32:09
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Alvar Damm wrote:

> I have prepared the partions in HDToolBox
> and succesfully booted the miniroot.fs on the swap partion.
> The problem comes when the installer tries to create the root filesystem.
> Its says the filesystem is full?.
> Im using the internal IDE connector.
> So the HD should be wd0 and the root partion wd0a, swap wd0b.
> I have also tried to manually create a filesystem
> but same error.
> All that work is mounting the ADOS(Amiga DOS)
> filesystem.
>
> this are the first errors:
>
> creating filesystems...
> uid, pid 309, command newfs, on -: file system full
> /: write failed, file system is full
> [1] Segmentation fault newfs /dev/r${_d...
>
> I tried to mount too
> mount_ffs -o async /dev/wd0a /mnt
> mount_ffs: /dev/wd0a on /mnt: incorrect super block

Well, this can't work without a FFS on it already

> It seems that I can't for some reason create a filesystem on a partion.
>
> Have I configured the HD wrong?
>
> I have a 48Mhz Viper accelerator with MMU, but no FPU, and 32 MB Ram, 8 GB 2.5 Internal HD.

You have an 8 GB disk. Remember, the bootable NetBSD partitions *MUST* be
within the first 4 GB!

Perhaps you have 6 GB root and 2 GB swap? This won't work :-(

(Although I'm not sure since your swap BOOTED already... hm...)

Can you grab the first two tracks of the hd and send them to me OFF-LIST?
(Should be about 1 Megabyte)

The simplest way to achive this is to plug in the disk into another
computer as SLAVE disk and exectue (assume it's wd1):

To get the sectors/track, execute

disklabel wd1

see what the "sectors/cylinder" value is (in my case 1008), and exectue
the following command with count=(sectors/track * 2):

dd if=/dev/rwd1d of=disk.bin count=2016

-Florian