Subject: Re: How to build amigappc kernel and a minimal system to test?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ruediger Engel <granada@a500.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/23/2005 10:57:37

>- have you read http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-kernel.html ?

I've read this, too and tried to start a kernel-build.
In ~arch/amigappc/conf I found a config-file NULL which looks like a
valid config for NetBSD/AmigaPPC as it has some options related to the
PowerPC-CPU used in Amiga-Computers. It also includes std.amigappc which
to me also makes sense.

I am using an A4000 with a CSPPC for cross-compiling the Kernel. All
NetBSD-Sources are installed and are up to date. I can config NULL fine
with the command "/usr/src/tooldir.NetBSD-2.0-m68k/bin/nbconfig NULL"
but when trying to start "nbmake depend" it fails when trying to include
genassym.cf

In ~arch/amigappc/amigappc/ there is no genassym.cf and searching the
internet gave me the following explanations:
genassyms for alle PPC-Ports were removed and one should use a common
genassym.cf.
My question now is: which genassym.cf works fine for NetBSD/AmigaPPC?
There ought to be a genassym in ~arch/powerpc/mpc6xx, but there is none!
Any suggestions?

Regards
Ruediger