Re: Anyone with a cross-compiler?

Hi,

Has anyone here have a working cross-compiler on a fast machine for
netbsd/m68k?

Cross compiling packages can be very difficult because of how many of the packages are set up. It's not very practical.

I'm thinking, since the compile of this single mysql file takes so long
(see earlier posts, it's been compiling since Friday morning straight),
I guess compiling it with a cross-compiler should get the job done?

m68030?

Or, could anyone point me to a guide for setting one up? (Host machine
would be a x86/linux).

I have two m68060 machines which pretty much build binary packages nonstop. One is running 1.6.2, the other 2.0. Also, it seems that there may be problems with MySQL 4.1.7.

Are you running 1.6.2, or 2.0? Which MySQL are you trying to run? What's your localbase set to? I can probably make a binary package for you without too much fuss.

John