Subject: Re: Draco Question
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/04/2005 15:14:34
--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 05:48:58AM -0800, Galyas Csaba wrote:

> I have one Amiga Draco machine, and i want to
> connecting my new 80Gb winchester! How can i to do
> this??
> The BigDisk software is good?? Or something else?

NetBSD should work fine on it, but be sure to have all of the root
partition (NBR\7) within the first 4 GB.

Also, if you're using the miniroot on that disk to install NetBSD, the
Swap partition  (NBS\1) within the first 4 GB, too.

Both conditions ensure that the bootblock can read all of the kernel,
which could be anywhere within the root partition (or, for the miniroot,
the swap partition).

As far as I read the BigDisk advertizement URL, it must be some AmigaOS
filesystem enhancement to work with big disks... this would be needed for
AmigaOS only, not for NetBSD.

--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi