Subject: Re: ASDG EB920 with no MAC Address PROM
To: John Schuncke <jlschuncke@cox.net>
From: Lance Tagliapietra <lancetag@Luminet.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/30/2004 22:38:35
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 08:30:19PM -0600, John Schuncke wrote:
> Lance Tagliapietra wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:27:50AM +0000, John Schuncke wrote:
> >

> >>Lance Tagliapietra wrote:
> >>

> >I bought one of those $7 proms.  I have access to an S4 Dataman
> >programmer at work on the assumption that it can program those.
> >I have not checked the docs for the programmer yet, but hope to
> >this between the holidays as it should be a bit quieter then.
> >
> >As I recall, it should also be able to read out the contents of
> >a prom.
> >
> >I'll report back after Christmas about this.

Reporting back: I checked the dataman web site, and even
sent an email to their technical support.  Unfortunately,
the S4 model does not support the 74S288 32x8-bit PROM.
I was a bit disappointed at the news.  The next model
program up from the S4 does support that part, but that
is not the model to which I have access.

Even worse, I have not been able to locate any datasheets
for the part.   I am not beyond building a programmer for
the part, but the datasheet would be required.

--Lance