Re: ASDG EB920 with no MAC Address PROM

Lance Tagliapietra wrote:

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:27:50AM +0000, John Schuncke wrote:
Lance Tagliapietra wrote:

I bought one of those $7 proms. I have access to an S4 Dataman programmer at work on the assumption that it can program those.
I have not checked the docs for the programmer yet, but hope to
this between the holidays as it should be a bit quieter then.

As I recall, it should also be able to read out the contents of
a prom.

I'll report back after Christmas about this.
Looking forward to hearing about it. You may have yourself a community-support sideline if you're not careful. #8^)

I'll have to check my board.  AmigaDos wants to see that board at
interrupt 6, as that is where their drivers are looking for it, if
I remember.  AmigaDos is still needed to get it initially loaded.

I'm not sure what part of AmigaDOS you mean. There's no OS-native support for the NIC; instead, there are different versions of the eb920.device available on Aminet, one for each possible interrupt setting. And Miami's MNI drivers accept desired interrupt as a configuration parameter, so it's flexible that way.