Subject: Re: ASDG EB920 with no MAC Address PROM
To: None <lancetag@luminet.net>
From: John Schuncke <jlschuncke@cox.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/22/2004 20:30:19
Lance Tagliapietra wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:27:50AM +0000, John Schuncke wrote:
>

>>Lance Tagliapietra wrote:
>>

>I bought one of those $7 proms.  I have access to an S4 Dataman
>programmer at work on the assumption that it can program those.
>I have not checked the docs for the programmer yet, but hope to
>this between the holidays as it should be a bit quieter then.
>
>As I recall, it should also be able to read out the contents of
>a prom.
>
>I'll report back after Christmas about this.

Looking forward to hearing about it. You may have yourself a
community-support sideline if you're not careful. #8^)

>I'll have to check my board.  AmigaDos wants to see that board at
>interrupt 6, as that is where their drivers are looking for it, if
>I remember.  AmigaDos is still needed to get it initially loaded.

I'm not sure what part of AmigaDOS you mean. There's no OS-native
support for the NIC; instead, there are different versions of the
eb920.device available on Aminet, one for each possible interrupt
setting. And Miami's MNI drivers accept desired interrupt as a
configuration parameter, so it's flexible that way.