Subject: Re: ASDG EB920 with no MAC Address PROM
To: John Schuncke <jlschuncke@cox.net>
From: Lance Tagliapietra <lancetag@Luminet.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/18/2004 16:57:30
John,

I was under the impression that NetBSD supported the ASDG ethernet
card. I have a couple of these cards, and the one with the PROM
did work correctly with NetBSD.

The PROM is a 32x8-bit 74S288.  I found these listed in the Jameco
catalog.

I have not pulled the programmed prom I have to determine how the
ethernet address is encoded to program a prom for my other card,
so I am also interested if you get this problem solved.

Note that this card was not completely supported during the install.  It
seems that its interrupt may be left on an unhandled.  I had to install
with the card plugged in, but not connected to my LAN, or the install
would lock up.  It took me a few weeks of trial and error before I
determined what the problem was.

--Lance
Lance Tagliapietra <lancetag@luminet.net>