Subject: Re: Testers needed for A1200 PCMCIA
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Aymeric Vincent <vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/17/2004 11:18:49
John Klos wrote:

> I can do this, but I'm going to wait until I'm back in Los Angeles
> because the machine is colocated and I want to be there if I kill it.

OK, thanks.

> One of these days I want to see about getting a wi Orinoco card
> working in there...

Heh, that could be fun; at last we may get something a bit different
than simple Ethernet working on the Amiga 1200. I'll stay tuned.

> What were the changes for?

On my side, I just did what was necessary to keep up with some MI
changes done by mycroft. Basically, his changes allow to switch a card
between memory and I/O modes, and I think his primary goal was to get
more cards detected, and maybe multifunction cards; haven't looked in
detail the rest of the changes.

Because we only use I/O cards on the Amiga (yet?) "it shouldn't affect
us" (TM). But you never know.

Regards,
  Aymeric