Subject: Re: reducing the size of an image
To: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
From: admin@datazap.net <admin@datazap.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/18/2004 10:41:35
Hi,

I gave this a try, and it seems to work really well. Although, I wish that
cjpeg/djpeg would provide a little more flexibility with image reduction.
This will make things much easier. I will not need to move the file to
another computer, and then move them back to the server.

If I wanted to reduce jpeg's from a web interface would there be a better
option? I tried php4-gd, and it is just to slow. I am consider calling
djpeg -fast -scale 1/4 image.jpg | cjpeg > image_reduced.jpg from a php
script.

Thanks for your help!
-Al