Re: anyone working on XF4?

Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Michael L. Hitch wrote:
> >   I can run Xamiga using /dev/grf0 (CustomChip display), but can't test
> > the other devices.

To my surprise the cross-built Xamiga works with my CV64:

  $ xdpyinfo
  name of display:    :0.0
  version number:    11.0
  vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
  vendor release number:    40300001
  XFree86 version: 4.3.0.1
  maximum request size:  262140 bytes
  motion buffer size:  256
  bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, MSBFirst, 32
  image byte order:    MSBFirst
  number of supported pixmap formats:    6
  supported pixmap formats:
      depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
      depth 4, bits_per_pixel 4, scanline_pad 32
      depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
      depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
      depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
      depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
  keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 111
  focus:  window 0x60000e, revert to Parent
  number of extensions:    8
      DPMS
      LBX
      SECURITY
      SHAPE
      TOG-CUP
      XC-APPGROUP
      XFree86-Bigfont
      XKEYBOARD

The RGB database in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ was missing but I could copy the
files rgb.db and rgb.txt from an older release.

Key repeat was switched off and "xset r rate 500" complained about

  Xlib:  extension "XFree86-Misc" missing on display ":0.0"

but key reppppppeat now works.

Speaking about X extensions, the number of extensions is a bit low in
contrast to XFree 4.3.0 on NetBSD/i386:

  number of extensions:    29
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DOUBLE-BUFFER