Re: New subscriber

Hi,

> > All the installation process seemed successful but I'm unable to boot NetBSD
> > with selecting the root partition from the Amiga boot menu.

Had the exact same problem when I first installed NetBSD on my 3k.
Anyway, here's what people told me back then:

1. install the miniroot on the swap partition again.
2. boot the miniroot, but adding the "-bs" flag.

you will be asked for the root partition. tell it "sd0a" (or wherever your
NetBSD root is...)

voila, you're on your system, although in single user mode.

Now you can do:

# mount /usr
# /usr/mdec/installboot /usr/mdec/xxboot /dev/rsd0a

(still assuming sd0 is your root disk)

After that, you should be able to directly boot via the boot menu (if you
marked the partition as bootable as described in "installboot(8)".

You must also copy the /usr/mdec/boot.amiga to / .

--
Emm Vasilakis <evas%agn.forthnet.gr@localhost>