Subject: kernel compile and mk.conf
To: Amiga-NETBSD <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Emm Vasilakis <evas@agn.forthnet.gr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/14/2003 21:31:34
Hi,

I'm building a custom kernel for my NetBSD 1.6 system, right now, but
I'd like to ask a couple of questions, regarding the build for my
processor.

I've created an /etc/mk.conf file and have the following lines:

M68040=YES
COPTS+=-O2
CFLAGS+=-m68040

I would expect to have a -m68040 parameter in cc, but I'm watching it
compile my kernel with:

cc -m68040 -m68060 -m68030 -m68851 (it also has -msoft-float on some
files)

which seems strange.

Does make override the settings in mk.conf, doesnt it work for kernel
compiles, or am I missing something else here? Is it that the += just
adds the setting to the defaults?

What is the best CFLAGS and COPTS parameters I should have for a 040
system?

Thanks,
Emmanuel