Subject: Re: 1.6 and /dev/reload
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/07/2003 12:04:05
Hello,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:01:10PM +0200, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> Question: Would it be feasible to copy the current reload code only into
> chipmem and from there copy the new kernel at its fastmem destination?
> This would require to get the real address for the new kernel image.
> How can this be accomplished?

 I rewrote kernel_reload to be able to reload any kernel. The kernel to be
 reloaded can have a different (or no :-) reload code and might be larger
 than 2MB. I successfully reloaded into eg. a generic kernel. IMHO, the
 requirement for the reload code to match is from the time when the kernel
 had to be in chipmem when booting into netbsd and /dev/reload was never
 adapted.
 I am still trying to support symbol loading. However, as in the aout days
 doing that is difficult since the size has to guessed :-/

 Gunther