Subject: Re: Failure to build 68060 kernel
To: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/03/2003 04:46:52
Hi,

> > A while ago I posted a problem I saw when trying to compile a kernel with
> > -m68060 flags.
>
>   Is this current or 1.6.1?

This is 1.6.1; the last time I successfully compiled a kernel with -m68060
in COPTS and COPTFLAGS was in January.

> > pmap.o(.text+0x7e8): undefined reference to `DCIS_60'
> > pmap.o: In function `pmap_protect':
>
>   I always compile my kernels with -m68060 and I have never seen this.
>   How do you compile your kernel? Where do you set -m68060? I believe I
>   have it somehow in /etc/mk.conf.

Yes. Specifically, this is what I have:
M68060=YES
COPTS+=-m68060
CFLAGS+=-m68060
COPTFLAGS+=-m68060

As of January, I have to comment out COPTS and COPTFLAGS. It's a little
strange that something like that would change, and it's more strange since
I can't see why pmap.o would end up without functions such as DCIS_60 and
friends.

Any ideas?

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs