Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD 1.6 on an A3000 w/ 040 MKII
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/21/2003 11:56:25
--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

Geia sou Manoli,

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:46:23AM +0300, Emm Vasilakis wrote:

> Since then, my Amiga behaves strangly. On the AmigaOS side, I get random
> crashes (8000 0000x) or lockups, even though I have installed the latest
> 68040.library from phase5.

> Anyway, does anyone know why this has occured? I'm suspecting my ram
> simms. There are 4 on the cyberstorm, of various capacities, giving a
> total of 48MB.

hm.... either that, or overheating.

If you have the board documentation, find out whether you have to install
them as matching pairs.

Also, it might be necessary to install the slowest SIMM in a specific slot.
(I don't know the Mk2, so I can't tell).

Actually, removing the slowest SIMM would be a quick test.

> There are also 16 more MB on the motherboard, via an AmiFAST board.

errr, is this motherboard slot RAM or ZII RAM or ZIII RAM?

I very much suspect that ZII RAM wouldn't work... don't know about ZIII.

You can try to boot netbsd with netbsd -n0, so that only the biggest RAM
block is used.

Hope this helps

seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv