Subject: Re: loadbsd / gobsd errors
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/26/2003 13:20:18
Hi,

> Wheezing some life back into my NetBSD 1.5 A3000 (with the hope of playing
> around with amigappc code), I'm having some issues in my upgrade to 1.6.
> Apologies if this has been covered, but a scan of the mailing list turns up
> few posts related to this.

There should be some talk about this on the NetBSD mailing list (just
search for loadbsd and ELF).

> (From AmigaDOS 3.9)
>
> loadbsd-2.16 -a -n2 netbsd
> loadbsd-2.16: unknown binary: Undefined error
>
> gobsd MULTIUSER MANYSEG netbsd
> FATAL:  Unknown binary

This is because 1.6 is ELF, and loadbsd was written to load a.out kernels.
The latest version that I know about was announced here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amiga/2003/01/24/0002.html

And that loadbsd is available here:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/utils/loadbsd-3.gz

> Is this simply file corruption?

No file corruption - just ELF.

You can also check out:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/utils/runbootblock
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/utils/runbootblock.README

Good luck,
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs