Re: AmigaOne

Hi, Al,

> Does any one know if there are any plains to port NetBSD to AmigaOne? The
> AmigaOne is a PowerPC based system, that also uses PCI cards for a PC. The
> AmigaOne mother board was debuged with Linux. So, I would like to think
> that NetBSD would be easily ported to it.

As NetBSD illustrates, PCI cards are for computers! (I just had to be a
wise ass...)

I am deinitely interested in getting NetBSD running on an AmigaOne, but I
don't have one yet. That will probably be the enxt thing I buy when I have
some extra money.

And yes, being able to look at the Linux code will help a bit. The openly
documented bootloader will also make things quite a bit easier, too. THe
hard part is waiting to get one.

> Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

If my PowerMac 9600 is a fair indication of half of the speed we can
expect from an AmigaOne, it'll be a very nice machine.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs