Re: Network configuration

Hi,

> I'm looking for info on how to install and configure my x-surf board
> under NetBSD 1.6. The system is already installed and working, and I
> dont want to go through setup again.

No extra work is necessary.

> The board is an X-surf II, which contains a new ISA ethernet card. The
> chipset is a Realtek one, so is it supported as the old one?

Yes; you should see something like this in your dmesg:

ne0 at zbus0 pa 0xeb0000 man/pro 4626/23
ne0: Ethernet address 52:54:40:28:9e:a8
ne0: 10base2, 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, auto, default [0x00 0x30] auto

This is the RealTek ISA card, and it works quite well. Just use ifconfig
or dhclient to configure it.

If it's not in your dmesg, then either your card is newer and different
(although I haven't heard of a newer version), or there is something else
that is wrong.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs