Subject: Re: 1.6 and /dev/reload
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/27/2003 17:47:15
On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:46:51PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > [/dev/reload and 1.6]
>
> Hm, you can always objcopy the kernel to a.out format, if you want to reboot
> with /dev/reload.

  I haven't thought about this. If objcopy can write to stdout, if would be
  perfect.

> Of course, /dev/reload only works for a nearly same kernel, so it is not high
> on my priority list. (I wanted to make it an option long ago, but even this
> is not high on my priority list.)

  I always wondered about that "limitation". Is it related to its chipmem
  usage?

  I noticed that binpatch is still part of the system. Is that one obsolete
  too? I just learned that gdb is able to change binaries.

  What is on your priority list? wscons? usb?

  Gunther