Subject: Isn't the IDE-Doubler machine independent?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/14/2003 03:24:47
Hi,

yet another generic commend to what
on Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:50:02PM +0200, Ilpo Ruotsalainen wrote:

> Attached is a patch to add support for 'standard' IDE-doublers to
> NetBSD-current. Testers (both with IDE-doubler hardware and without) are
> very much wanted, especially people with A4000s.

\begin[devil]{advocate}

You will note that those IDE doublers (at least the one I know) are
machine independent - that is, they should work with any old-style IDE
machine! Shouldn't that code be in sys/dev/ic/wdc.c ? ;-)

\end{advocate}

I guess it's ok to keep it confined to Amiga, unless until we find a way to
run-time detect that eveil hack. Opinions?