Subject: Re: IDE-doubler support (patch, testers wanted)
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/13/2003 22:26:03
--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:50:02PM +0200, Ilpo Ruotsalainen wrote:

> Please note that I don't know of a way to determine if IDE-doubler is
> present or not on runtime - DO NOT TRY TO BOOT MISCONFIGURED KERNEL as
> it will most probably hang, crash, burn and eat your breakfast.

I don't like this. To make it part of the mainstream, this should be
investigated. Some bit pattern will be different, I hope.

> Should probably add a boot flag to enable/disable this, as it would be
> good if we could ship INSTALL/GENERIC kernels with the code in but
> disabled by default. Of course if anyone can come up with a way to
> determine if an IDE-doubler is present, that is even better.

You could always register shutdown callbacks that do a reset by sending a=
=20
command - hm, is there any? Where's my IDE book?

--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99--