Subject: Re: 1.6 & -current miniroot: grey screen after loading kernel
To: Ilpo Ruotsalainen <lonewolf@iki.fi>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/07/2003 01:36:23
        Hi Ilpo,

Ilpo Ruotsalainen <lonewolf@iki.fi> writes:

> I've witnessed my system actually booting all the way up (I could even
> blind reboot it) when it's in the 'gray screen, nothing else' state.

Looks like I wasn't running a current enough -current. I have the same
problem here: the screen remains grey, with just a pale cursor at the
top.

After the system is booted, if I rlogin into it, I can display things
on the screen, with echo blah >/dev/ttye0.

I didn't notice before because I usually use a serial
console. Something must be broken in the console probes. I'll look at
this later.

G'night,
 Aymeric