Re: A2065 njetwork

On 06.01.03, 12:56:43, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> This problem is in 1.6, and I also have it with my old 1.1(!) install
> after powering up the machine after many years: My A2065 ethernet board
> doesn't seem to work.
>
> I've attached a TP-2-AUI transceiver, which shows link is up, and is also
> recognized by the hub. Under NetBSD, the card is recognized as le0 with
> some sane-looking MAC address. Yet when trying to ifconfig the interface
> and ping around, nothing goes out or in.
>
> ifconfig says "media: Ethernet manual", i can also set that explicitly, no
> change. Status is always "no carrier", in contrast to what the transceiver
> says:

>From my understanding "Ethernet manual" often means that the media
type has to be set on the hardware, e. g. by a jumper or a DIP-switch.
It indicates that the NetBSD device driver has no way to find out
which media type is actually active. I'm not sure if an inactive
connector can show active link when a wire is connected, but it
sounds possible. Perhaps you have still set the card to BNC, which
was the predominant type back in 1996.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: What do you want to serve today?
                -- Hubert Feyrer