Subject: A2065 njetwork
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/06/2003 12:56:43
This problem is in 1.6, and I also have it with my old 1.1(!) install
after powering up the machine after many years: My A2065 ethernet board
doesn't seem to work.

I've attached a TP-2-AUI transceiver, which shows link is up, and is also
recognized by the hub. Under NetBSD, the card is recognized as le0 with
some sane-looking MAC address. Yet when trying to ifconfig the interface
and ping around, nothing goes out or in.

ifconfig says "media: Ethernet manual", i can also set that explicitly, no
change. Status is always "no carrier", in contrast to what the transceiver
says:

	# ifconfig le0
	le0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
		address: 00:80:10:00:12:7a
		media: Ethernet manual
		status: no carrier
		inet: 10.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.0.255

I get messages "le0: device timeout" on the console when trying to send,
but nothing goes out the wire.

Any clues? :/

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html