Subject: Re: LoadBSD for ELF kernels
To: Gunther Nikl <gni@gecko.de>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/17/2002 18:11:39
Hi,

>   Two more people, thats enough for me to finish the code ;-)
>   I will provide an updated loadbsd in januar 2003 since I am going
>   on vacation.

Make that three. Some SCSI controllers and/or versions of firmware for
SCSI controllers won't work with bootblocks, so aside from allowing a
BridgeBoard to boot because AmigaDOS loads, we have another reason.
Specifically, my Amiga 1200 with a Blizzard 1260 and SCSI-IV kit won't
work with bootblocks. I "fixed" this by using a CompactFlash card in an CF
to IDE adapter, but having more options is a good thing.

Thanks!
John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs