Subject: Re: compiling openssl
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: webmaster@datazap.net <webmaster@datazap.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/10/2002 20:24:19
Hi Ignatios,

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:42:19 +0200
> From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
> To: port-amiga@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: compiling openssl
>
> Hi W. Master,
>
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 07:29:33PM -0400, webmaster@datazap.net wrote:
>
> > ... I have:
> >
> > M68060=YES
> > COPTS+=-O3 -m68060
> > CFLAGS+=-m68060
>
> btw, are you aware that binaries thus created will NOT run on 68020
> and 68030, because they use floating point instructions that only
> 68040 and 68060 have available?

I was unaware of that, but my feeling is that I would like to make the
server as fast as possible. This server does take a few hits, take a look
at http://www.datazap.net/analog/ , and yes 1 Amiga 2000 with a 68060 is
serving 14 gigs of traffic a day without a problem.

Anyway, compiling some things with COPTS+=-O3 -m68060 seems to have made a
large differents in performace, and I would really like to compile openssl
for the 68060 with the packaging system. Right now it only compiles for
the 68020-40 cpu. Could you let me in on how to get openssl to compile for
the 68060?

Thanks,
Al