Subject: Re: amigappc memory mapping
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Andrews <rob@impure.org.uk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/04/2002 10:56:32
[Nicolas Bruno BASTIEN wrote in newsgate.netbsd.ports.amiga]
 > chip mem does not seam to be included in PPCmem segments, why ?

AFAIK, the PPC CPU has no way of writing to it, although I don't pretend to
know anything about Amiga PPC accelerator boards since I've never owned one.
Any calls to intuition or gadtools are passed back to the m68k host CPU
under AmigaOS, and hence any writes will be undertaken by the 68k itself.

Under both linux-m68k and NetBSD/amiga, chip mem is not added to the memory
map anyway, so it's to be expected that it wouldn't have been added to the
memory map under amigappc.

--
rob                                 <e> rob@impure.org.uk <pgp> 0x8bb5c71e