Re: Apollo 4040 SCSI

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 11:57:42PM -0400, kpneal%pobox.com@localhost wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 05:57:42PM +0200, Jakob Menzi wrote:
> > I have also a4091 SCSI controller. But the controller will not work
> > correctly in my system. The system blocks when the system is heavy loaded.
> > This is probably due the Apollo 4040 board.
>
> Doesn't the A4091 hog the ZIII bus unreasonably?

No idea. But the Apollo cpu boards I've have read about have broken bus
timing and thus are do fail during the heavy mixture of cache pushes and
DMA transfers a virtual memory operating system like NetBSD creates.

We've had a user Apollo 3060 user who hacked his kernel into running (well,
creeping) with cache off only. Otherwise his machine would crash sooner or
later.