Re: FAT partitions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:07:08PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> >   Yes. This dostype is used by the AmigaOS handler Fat95. AFAIK, CrossDOS
> >   uses 'MSDx'.
>
> ah. Then we might want to have both in.

  I just found an example mountlist for a harddisk partition and it used
  'MSHx'. Maybe 'MSDx' is used for floppies only by CrossDOS.

> > > Else using the partition type of 0x4e425508 ("NBU\8") would have served
> > > you.
> >
> >   I tried that and it didn't work (maybe because there was no MSDOS
> >   filesystem support in the kernel?).
>
> Expand "didn't work" please...

  It didn't boot correctly. My BSD FFS partitions didn't get mounted rw,
  thus the boot process had a lot of errors.

> what did "disklabel" show ?

  I don't think I was able to run disklabel. AFAIK, I could boot with NBU\8
  without MSDOS support in the kernel. disklabel showed a MSDOS partition.
  After enabling MSDOS support booting failed. I am using plain 1.5.

  Gunther