Subject: Re: # of tracks on amiga floppies.
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/12/2002 22:16:42
--98e8jtXdkpgskNou

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 09:21:53PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
>=20
> Looking in the floppy driver for NetBSD, I can see it limits the number
> of cylinders to 80.  Has anyone recompiled & used NetBSD with this value
> in sys/arch/amiga/dev/fd.c increased to 82 or 83 ?  (I don't remember
> what the "real" max. was now but I do recall on numerous times things
> being placed on tracks above 80..)

You should mention your drive model when asking this... I expect this to be
a function of the drive model. Of the drive mechanics, actually.=20

(Not that I'd know the answer for any of the models --- afaik, all official
documentation, at least by Commodore Inc., only mentioned 80 tracks and I
don't think there are any official thinks outside track 0..79...)

--=20
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou--