Subject: Re: Need help - lost access to my NetBSD partitions
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ie>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/30/2002 16:29:49

>   What version of HDToolbox dou you have? I thought from V44 and up it would
>   do its job...
>
> > >   You do only need this if you want to use FFS on a partition beyound or
> > >   crossing the 4GB limit.
> >
> >  Currently not the case, even with that new scratch partition.
>
>   BTW, if you have FFS 45.x you should use that. It shall have less bugs
>   than V40 (which is the base for V44). Unfortunately, that means you must
>   have NSDSupport from SetPatch activated if you want partitions beyound
>   4GB working.

 I have Kick and workbench 3.1 with all associated tools. As I use mostly
 NetBSD on the machine, I didn't think it was worth upgrading to 3.5 or
 3.9 (do you recommend this? which version?

 I don't have FFS 45.x, but 43.20, NSDpatch and SetPatch from Amiga Inc.'s
 web site. Doesn't seem to make a difference, though.

>   Well, if you really consider using HDToolBox with all its consequences
>   (loss of data), then you should try "rdbread FORCE" since it won't harm
>   then.
>   If you recreate the RDB with exactly the same partition settings then
>   you should get your partitions back. This has already worked one time
>   for me.

 I will know more tomoroow ...