Subject: Re: Non "new-toolchain" platforms
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/29/2002 12:53:39
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:12:27AM +0100, Aymeric Vincent wrote:
>
>  > Since yesterday, I can even claim bootblocks compile properly with the
>  > new toolchain, it was just that the Makefiles guessed the object
>  > directories wrongly.
>  >
>  > Now, ./build.sh -D /usr/hosts/a1200 -m amiga goes straight to the end
>  > on my i386.
>
> Ok, then please put up an ELF binary snapshot, write up a document
> explaining to users where to put their a.out shared libraries,

...and how to build the first ELF kernel with the new toolchain, made
with "./build.sh -t" (assuming that you want to support native
builders). I'd been meaning to add an entry for the new toolchain to
<http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/elf.html#updating-from-a.out>, but
I haven't gotten around to it.

> and
> then make the switch in bsd.own.mk to ELF+new-toolchain.

By the way, shouldn't "OBJECT_FMT" get the same treatment as
"USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN", that is, ELF by default, a.out is the exception?

Frederick