Subject: Re: pci support ?!
To: Jose Andias <jose_andias@netcabo.pt>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/20/2002 22:02:32
Hello,

>   I would like to install NetBSD but I am currentlly using a pci
> extension in my A1200, a mediator with a Voodoo 3000 and an Ethernet
> card. My question is if NetBSD supports any pci on amiga, especially if
> I could work with my ethernet card, wich would be very usefull! :)  For
> what i read Im stuck... Is this right?!

For the moment. Can you program in c? If so, maybe, with some help,
drivers can be written for the PCI bus.

I've been wanting to get the PCI busboard that plugs into the CyberStorm
for a while, hoping to write drivers for it for NetBSD. One thing that
would be nice in a production server is 100 mbit ethernet without the
Zorro-II overhead...

Interested?

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs