Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.2 : Amigasound question
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/04/2001 20:11:39
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:12:14AM +0100, Thomas-Peter Klug wrote:
> Hi, everyone !
>
> After a fresh install of the latest 1.5.2 I'm happy with NetBSD and while writing this lines my A4000 is compiling KDE.
> I have a question about how to activate sound. Many programs are using DSP by /dev/audio, but there isn't a device with that name, just /dev/audio0 .. 3 for the four channels.
> Has anyone an idea of how to use, for example esound, correctly ? I want my KDE to make some noises...

KDE? Poor boy... (only Mozilla and Staroffice are even bigger).

Anyway, I don't know what device KDE is using, and what "DSP" is meant to be
as most audio boards do NOT contain a digital signal processor, but for
programs that do not contain some option to set the audio device you can set
a group of symbolic links

	/dev/audio -> /dev/audio0
	/dev/audioctl -> /dev/audioctl0
	/dev/sound -> /dev/sound0

or replace 0 with 1, etc, if you have multiple audio boards in your Amiga.