Subject: Re: just upgraded to 1.5.1
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Albert Zick <al@datazap.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/15/2001 14:23:00
> >I upgraded to 1.5.1 to avoid kernel panics,
> >but I an serously thinking
> >about going back to 1.4.3.
>
> I read this email, and it seems to me that you are having lots of problems with 1.5.
>
> I wanted to ask a couple of questions.
>

> 1. Where you having any problems with 1.4?

No

> 2. Did you upgrade to 1.5 using the upgrade option in the installer?

I upgraded to 1.5 by going into a single user mode and decompressing the
tar balls.

> 3. If you are having so may problem why not just go back to 1.4.3?

I have thought about it, but I could still have a problem with kernel
panics. (this is the way it was explain to me) If the system creates or
destroys to many memory pages it will kernel panic. John came up with a
fix for this by adding somethings to the kernel config file.

Here is what he added to the 1.5 kernel config file.

NKMEMPAGES_MIN=4096
NKMEMPAGES_MAX=4096

NMBCLUSTERS=8192
NKPTADD=8

Could someting like this be add to a 1.4 kernel?

Thanks,
Al