Re: Softdep on Amiga

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 marius%alchemy.franken.de@localhost wrote:

> Here netbsd/amiga 1.5.1 crashes with 'softdep_update_inodeblock:update
> failed' this with the GENERIC kernel. Is anyone interested in the
> coredump? It's 1.5mb gzipped.

I am interested! Please make PR about this. I guess port-m68k could be
good responsible party. I have heard that port-i386 doesn't have so much
crashing anymore. I would like know if this happens also on other m68k
machines.

Please use search on page http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/query-pr.html with
"Search text" area filled with word "softdep". You might also want to
select "Closed" PRs for query. Doing so you can gather some background
information about current and past problems with software depencies.
Please, use word "softdep" on topic (i.e. Synopsis) of your PR. This will
help other people find your PR along other releated PRs. It would be great
if you could also read http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/pr-hints.html before
sending PR.

Please send problem report preferably with backtrace output from kernel
debugger (db> trace). And place a link on that PR to some location where
this core file can be stored for a long time. If you are unable to provide
such service, let me know before sending PR.

Petri