Subject: Softdep on Amiga
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Petri Koistinen <pkoistin@cs.stadia.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/15/2001 09:48:11
Hi!

Have somebody played with software depencies with NetBSD Fast File System?
I have, and it made my computer very unstable. I managed to crash my
system several times. I could even reproduce that problem, I'll I need was
just extracting pkgsrc to partition which had softdeps on. Debugging that
kernel crash was also quite imposible as kernel debugger seems to crash
while trying 'sync'. It said something about MMU fault.

Have anyone else had similar problems on Amiga (or some else m68k
machine)? At the very least there seems to be ziljons (i.e. twelve PRs ;)
about softdeps from different platfroms in NetBSD bug database. On the
other i386 softdep to my knowledge works OK.

Petri