Subject: Kernel panic...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/27/2001 02:28:45
Hello,

For the last few weeks, my server has been crashing after about a week of
uptime. Although I have a duplicate system, I cannot reproduce the problem
locally (probably since I cannot simulate the load).

Anyway, I compiled in the kernel debugger, and when the crash happened
tonight, I got something like:
Out of memory in kmem_map
(something like) in process httpd

According to netstat -m, I have (right now) 7/188 mapped pages in use. How
does this translate to NMBCLUSTERS? If I wanted to make sure this would
NEVER happen again, what's a reasonably ridiculous value for NMBCLUSTERS?

And why isn't this a recoverable error?

Thanks,
John
--
The proof of a system's value is its existence.