Subject: 68030 users out there?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <xmimic@free.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/18/2001 21:05:15
        Hi all,

it looks like Amiga 1200's with a 68030 and 8 megabytes of RAM fail to
boot `big' kernels (in particular all install and generic ones) and
yield a `grey screen'.

Ignatios found a workaround in loadbsd which hasn't been committed
yet. It's more of a hack that I modified to help another person solve
the (hopefully) same problem.

Now it would be nice to make a real patch for it and to do it nicely,
I need to know which confifurations precisely are affected by it.

I suspect only 68030 (and 68020?) are affected, and only when they
have (at least?) 8 megabytes of fast RAM.

So:

- if you have such a problem, please report your exact configuration
  to me
- if you run happily NetBSD with a 68030 and can boot big kernels with
  the stock loadbsd, please report too.

I am particularly interested in knowing if this is A1200 specific or
if A3000's are affected too.

thank you very much for your support,
 Aymeric