Subject: Using bootblocks on Blizzard 1260
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: John <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/09/2001 00:36:15
Hello,

I have a number of Amiga computers which all use bootblocks to boot
NetBSD - Amiga 4000 & A3640 & IDE, CyberStorm PPC & SCSI, CyberStorm Mk
III & SCSI, Amiga 3000 & SCSI... but for some reason I cannot get
bootblocks to work on an Amiga 1200, Blizzard 1260, and Blizzard SCSI.

I've even tried to boot drives that work just fine on other systems, but
they don't boot properly with the A1260.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this due to buggy ROMs on the A1260
SCSI?

I really don't want to use the AmigaOS loader because moving the kernel
over is a real pain with a low density floppy...

Thanks,
John Klos