RE: NetBSD 1.5 release has files not in sync

John <john%sixgirls.org@localhost> writes:
> Look in
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-release-1-5/src/sys/arch/m68k/060sp/
> and you'll see Makefile.inc version 1.5 and netbsd060sp.S version
> 1.5.18.1, which don't work together.
>
> So the issue of who is out of date is moot; the issue is that release-1-5
> has files that are out of sync.
>
> So who would be able to fix this?

  Well, I'd say it was fixed already, and you're just unlucky enough to catch
it at the wrong time.

  My guess as to the sequence of events:

  Someone requested a pullup of the changes for netbsd060sp.S, but didn't
request a pullup of the corresponding changes to Makefile.inc.  [Either not
testing that the requested pullups worked for the 1-5-netbsd branch, or
forgot to include Makefile.inc in the pullup request.]

  Another person did update his branch and tried building a snapshot, which
failed because the Makefile.inc change wasn't pulled up.  That person then
requested a pullup of Makefile.inc.  [I know this because I ran into the
very same problem over the weekend when I was building from the 1.5 branch,
and checked to see if a pullup had been requested before I requested it.]

  The release engineer did not process the pullup until May 1 - this is the
file I mentioned.

  The 1.4 and 1.5 release branches are only updated in the ftp/sup tree a
few times a week.  It looks like the last update was done on May 1 - probably
before the pullup made it to the where the ftp/sup update is done from [I
seem to recall that it's done from the anonymous CVS files, but I may very
well be wrong].  I haven't seen an update since May 1, but the next update
should have the correct file.  [My guess from looking at the "triweekly CVS
updates" from last week, this may not occur until Sunday.]

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA