Subject: Re: /etc/mk.conf (was newbie pkg question)
To: John , Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf@jellonet.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/05/2001 17:43:45
John wrote:
> If I remember correctly (Ignatios cleared this up a while ago, so I hope
> I'm not forgetting), COPTS is for compiler optimisations that should be
> used where optimisations are relevant (some things prefer no
> optimisations),

According to mk.conf(5), COPTS contains "Extra options for the C compiler."
(not restricted to optimization). For pkgsrc, there is the CFLAGS variable
which, according to packages(7) contains "Any CFLAGS you wish passed to
the configure script and/or submake in build stage." I am not sure if setting
this variable should be restricted to the package Makefiles.

    Ingolf