Subject: Re: Pixel errors - CV64
To: None <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@msu.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/04/2001 12:26:35
"Georges Heinesch" <geohei-ml@geohei.lu> writes:
> Well, the "geometry" warning does not show up when saying "df -k" in
> xterm. Neither does "fsck -n". Are you sure that the "geometry"
> warning which issued every night, comes from one of those commands?
>
> I can simulate the warning by mounting one of the AmigaOS partitions.
> Also during initial booting, the warning shows up.

  The warnings come whenever the kernel reads the disklabel.  The amiga
doesn't use a real on-disk disklabel.  It creates the in-memory disklabel
from information in the RDB partition blocks.  The warning message
occurs during that process.  Any time you run disklabel on the disk,
you will get those messages.

---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA