Subject: Re: Pixel errors - CV64
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/04/2001 01:40:09
Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (03-May-01 20:53:22):

> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:20:26PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

>> On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 08:05:00AM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>>
>> > check_disks=YES

>> what does this do?

> Answer to myself: df -k, which opens partitions, which needs to read
> the RDB, triggering the warning message.

Well, the "geometry" warning does not show up when saying "df -k" in
xterm. Neither does "fsck -n". Are you sure that the "geometry"
warning which issued every night, comes from one of those commands?

I can simulate the warning by mounting one of the AmigaOS partitions.
Also during initial booting, the warning shows up.

> Btw, you really should have xconsole running, so that you could read
> other messages to the machine console, even if it would not mess up
> the graphics memory.

Yes ... gonna do that, but the pixel error is still a bug. Is there
still any CV64 programmer around here ... (Bernd Ernesti, Michael
Teske, ...) ?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu

... work is for people that don't know how to fly ...