Re: netbsd wont boot after 1.5 install

At 11:21 PM 4/30/01 -0400, you wrote:
>i installed netbsd 1.5 on my a2000 w/ 3.1 rom.  i have a gvp 30/33
>(68030/68882) w/ 16mb ram.
>
>at the end of the install i do the halt and reboot.  the harddrive light
>blinks several times (this takes a long minute) and then the animated
>prompt asks for diskette to boot from.
>
>any ideas as to why i cant get netbsd 1.5 to boot after the install?

Thank you for the replies.

To answer the things that I should check or try:

I did boot the miniroot.fs on the swap partition for the install.

I did have mountable and bootable set for the root partition.

I did have reserved blocks begin and end set to 0.

I did have custom boot code checked with the number boot blocks set to 16.

I was trying to avoid booting netbsd from amigados; Nevertheless, using
loadbsd from amigados will start the netbsd boot sequence.

Additionally, I found that the netbsd boot sequence will start when setting
the root file system to standard, unchecking fast file system and
international mode and using other settings from the netbsd install.html,
with exception of file system identifer.  I couldnt set the file system
identifer for the root partition to 0x4e425207 because hdtoolbox wouldnt
let me when the file system was set to standard.

However, I still have a problem if I boot netbsd via loadbsd from amigados
or boot via setting the file system to standard.  The boot process gets to
the following and hangs:
        scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
        gtsc0: target 5 now synchronous, period=400ns, offset=255

I have a harddrive and a cd connected to the scsi bus.  Nothing is wrong
with the cable and termination is set correctly.

Is there anything I can do at this point to find out why the boot process
stops here?

Again, thank you for your responses,  suggestions and help.