Subject: Re: BlizzardPPC scsi, anyone?
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/28/2001 21:15:45
On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 08:52:17PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>
> > > One important problem with these things is that the version without a SCSI
> > > chip still has the autoconfig entry (which makes Linux hang if you have
> > > the driver compiled in and you forgot to press "s" during boot). If it is
> > > possible, please have some sort of probing still.
>
> > Good to know. We can steal the code that probes for the same chip in the
> > A4000T, then.
>
> Hrm, if you don't mind, I'm going to steal this code to fix the Linux
> driver... :-)

This won't work, as the Linux GPL requires you to put the code under GPL,
while the BSD license forbids you to change the license.

It's, however, legal to look at the code, find out what register to use for
probing, slap your forehead for not reading the docs and thinking of this
yourself, then write code from scratch.

Regards,
	Ignatios