Subject: Re: BFFS Icons
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/25/2001 12:50:44
Quoting Gunther Nikl (23-Apr-01 08:01:34):

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:44:00PM +0100, Patryk Logiewa wrote:

>> >  Please be careful. Use BFFS _only_ for reading partitions. The
>> >  amiga implementation is buggy.
>>
>> Really? Isn't it the old story about not setting the volume's clean
>> bit only? AFAIR this was the only problem I really encoutered.

>  Maybe thats part of the story, but I fail to see why BFFS can't set
>  the bit after a write was done. In my experience BFFS does easily
>  crash for no obvious reasons.

Another weird thing is that if I mount a NetBSD partition using BFFS,
the icon doesn't appear right away on the desktop. First I have to run
C:Info to make it appear and hence, accesssible. Why's that? Can I
change parameters in the DOSDriver to make it show up on the Workbench
right away?

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu