Re: BFFS Icons

Quoting Patryk £ogiewa (20-Apr-01 23:44:00):

>>> I discovered BFFS recently. Excellent. Solved my problem of having
>>> a shared filesystem between AmigaOS and NetBSD (couldn't get msdos
>>> partition to work).
>>
>>  Please be careful. Use BFFS _only_ for reading partitions. The
>>  amiga implementation is buggy.

> Really? Isn't it the old story about not setting the volume's clean
> bit only? AFAIR this was the only problem I really encoutered.

There was quite a good thread 1-2 years ago in the Moin Laurent. AFAIR
the bottomline was the story about the clean bit. It was said writing
from AmigaOS to NetBSD partitions was possible and safe. Only the
clean bit wasn't set properly.

Can someone clarify this pls.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg